MATCHUP QUICK FACTS
- Minnesota’s game on Sunday against Sporting Kansas City was cancelled.
- Minnesota qualified for the MLS Cup Playoffs for the second consecutive year. MLS announced it would use points per game to determine qualification due to schedule disruptions caused by COVID-19.
- This is just the second time that Chicago Fire FC has faced the Loons in Minnesota, and the first time at Allianz Field.
- Minnesota has taken twice as many shots against the Fire in the second half of games, 16, than the first half, eight.
- Neither team has scored in the first 15 minutes of a match during the all-time series.
- This fixture was rescheduled from October 18.
- The Loons defeated the Colorado Rapids 2-1 last Wednesday night.
- Minnesota is undefeated in its last six games with a record of 3-0-3. A win or a draw against Chicago Fire FC would tie its longest unbeaten run in MLS.
- Robin Lod scored his sixth goal of the year to open the scoring against the Rapids. He has been involved in eight goals this season.
- Emanuel Reynoso provided his fourth assist of the year on Wednesday night. He is now second on the roster behind the six credited to Jan Gregus.
- Dayne St. Clair backstopped the squad to his fifth win in 11 starts. He has a goals against average of just 0.91.
- The game-winning goal against the Rapids was the third own-goal in favor of Minnesota this season. The Last opponent to score a goal for Minnesota was Sporting Kansas City on August 21.
- The Loons have received more own goals than any team in MLS.
- Bobby Shuttleworth played for Minnesota from 2017 through 2019. He is the Loons’ all-time leader in appearances (58) and minutes (5088) for goalkeepers, and holds the club career records for wins (19) and saves (219).
- Francisco Calvo was one of Minnesota’s first MLS signings, playing for the Loons starting in the inaugural season before being traded to Chicago during the 2019 season. The Costa Rica international captained the Loons for most of his tenure, making 60 appearances while scoring five goals and providing four assists.
- Wyatt Omsberg was drafted 15th overall by Minnesota in the 2018 MLS SuperDraft. He made seven appearances for the Loons before joining Chicago in 2020.
- CJ Sapong was a teammate of Kei Kamara’s with Sporting Kansas City in 2011 and 2012. Sapong was then joined at SKC by Ike Opara, and played together in 2013 and 2014.
- Michael Azira was on the Seattle Sounders FC roster with Osvaldo Alonso in 2014 and 2015.