On April 13, Minnesota United plays its first game inside of Allianz Field. At long last, professional soccer in Minnesota has a new and permanent home and we’ve got some information to help you get settled in.
As much as we’d like to meet your pets, there are simply some things you can’t bring to Allianz Field this season. Many of these items are common sense no-no’s at a sporting event, but please check the complete list below. And, if you’re cheering from the supporters section, check below for some of the exceptions to these prohibitions when it comes to supporters groups.
Prohibited items must be returned to vehicles or disposed of before entering the stadium. There are no provisions to check items at the gates and items abandoned outside the gates will be confiscated.
The following is a list of items that are prohibited in Allianz Field:
- Aerosol cans
- Animals (except service animals)
- Backpacks, luggage, grocery bags, duffel bags, large bags, large purses or large camera cases.
- Balls (soccer balls, beach balls, footballs, baseballs, etc.)
- Banners (see Supporter Section Policy)
- Beverages or liquids ins cans, glass bottles or boxes
- Camcorders and tripods
- Cameras with lenses over six inches long
- Cans, glass bottles or thermoses — Transparent, plastic, empty water bottles are permitted
- Confetti and streamers
- Coolers of any kind, including small soft pack coolers
- Illegal drugs
- Laptops, iPads, tablets or other large electronic devices
- Laser pointers
- Markers (permanent) and/or paint
- Noisemaking devices (see Supporter Section Policy)
- Objects that can be used as projectiles (sticks, bats, clubs, poles, Frisbees, etc.)
- Sticks or flag poles (see Supporter Section Policy)
- Selfie sticks
- Video cameras
*Other items that may risk the safety or viewing/listening enjoyment of the guests may be prohibited.
There are several different supporters groups that attend MNUFC games and take advantage of the safe standing sections on the south end of Allianz Field. Some of these supporters groups have special privileges that allow them to bring in noisemakers, flags and banners. All of the previously listed items must be pre-approved and may not leave sections 20–24. All pre-approved prohibited items must be brought in through the Bell Bank Southwest Entry.
Banners, Flags, and Signs:
- All banners, flags and signs must be pre-approved by MNUFC.
- Banners, flags and signs are permitted and encouraged within the Supporters Sections (Sec. 20–24) of the stadium, provided they comply with the following requirements:
- All banners, flags and signs are subject for inspection before entry to the stadium to ensure there are no safety concerns and comply with the below requirements.
- Banners must be event-related and may not be commercial or political in nature; banners may not include advertisements, logos or political endorsements/slogans.
- Banners may not contain images, words or other information that is (or could be construed as being) derogatory, obscene, profane, indecent, vulgar, offensive, graphic, dangerous, inappropriate, objectionable or in “poor taste.”
- Banners may not interfere with the view or enjoyment of others and are not allowed to block the view of multiple seats.
- Banners may not block concourse areas or stairways within the seating bowl.
- Banners may not be constructed of wood, metal or any other material that could cause harm to others.
- Banners (or parts thereof) may not be used as projectiles.
Banners may be hung only with the permission of club and stadium management. If approved, banners may be hung only with rope, string or plastic ties, and may not block any existing signage or vents, or damage any stadium walls, paint, railings, glass, etc.
- Musical instruments or any types of noisemaking devices used in the supporters section must be pre-approved by Minnesota United or are otherwise not permitted inside Allianz Field. This includes, but is not limited to, items such as whistles, musical instruments, vuvuzelas, air horns, speakers, megaphones and other electronic sound devices.
- Once approved, noisemaking devices may only be used in the supporters section (sections 20–24) of the stadium.
- Noisemakers that are not pre-approved and/or are used outside of the designated areas will be confiscated.
- All megaphones being used must be pointed away from the field of play at all times.
Sticks and Flag Poles:
- All flag poles or banners on poles must be constructed of hollow PVC pipe.
- Poles are not to be used as projectiles or in any sort of fashion that may endanger fans, players or staff.
Remember to arrive early at Allianz Field for the home opener to enjoy Target’s Bullseye Fan Zone on the north side of the stadium and other activities beginning at noon.