- Luke Mulholland played for Minnesota United during the NASL era of the club’s history. He joined the team late in 2011, helping it to the 2011 NASL Championship.
- Aaron Schoenfeld and Justin Meram played together on the Columbus Crew from 2012–2015.
- Jan Gregus is teammates with Albert Rusnak on the Slovakia National Team.
- Like Chase Gasper and Dayne St. Clair, Zac MacMath played collegiate ball with the Maryland Terrapins.
- MacMath overlapped with Marlon Hairston during his time backing up goalkeeper Tim Howard with Colorado from 2015–2018.
MATCHUP QUICK FACTS
- Following Minnesota’s defeat of Sporting KC and Real Salt Lake’s defeat of Colorado in the opening games of the Group Stage, MNUFC is the only team in MLS to have taken all nine points from its first three games.
- In their 2-1 win over SKC last game, MNUFC held the lead for a total of two minutes and 32 seconds.
- MNUFC has the most goals in MLS with 10 and the best goal differential with +6.
- MNUFC is the “road” team for all of its game in the Group Stage.
- The home team has yet to lose a game in the all-time series between MNUFC and RSL. The Loons have won all three games in Minnesota (two at TCF Bank Stadium, one at Allianz Field), while the Claret-and-Cobalt have taken three points once at Rio Tinto. The teams split the points in the other two games in Utah.