Minnesota United announced today its plans for this Sunday’s ‘Decision Day’ match against the Vancouver Whitecaps at Allianz Field. Tomorrow night, Saturday, October 8, landmarks in the Twin Cities will light up ‘Mississippi River Blue’ ahead of Sunday’s final regular-season match of 2022, which will also be a celebration of ‘Fan Appreciation Day presented by Target’.
Across the Twin Cities on Saturday night, fans will see landmarks lit up in ‘Mississippi River Blue’ to honor the Loons and their Decision Day match. Among the venues turning blue will be the Mayo Clinic Square & Target Center, Minneapolis Convention Center, Nicollet Mall, Target HQ – Downtown and US Bank Stadium as well as others including Allianz Field.
Notably, supporters attending Sunday’s match are expected to be a part of the largest crowd to ever attend a Loons match at Allianz Field since the stadium opened in 2019. Those who are attending the match are encouraged to wear the color black as part of a full-stadium ‘blackout’.
Throughout Sunday afternoon, a multitude of activities will be in place to celebrate ‘Fan Appreciation Day presented by Target’ at Allianz Field including elements inside and out of the stadium.
MNUFC will additionally honor Brenna Depies, the Youth Programs Manager for the Indigenous Peoples Taskforce (IPTF) and a Season Ticket Member, as this week’s L’Étoile Du Nord (Star of the North) ahead of kickoff. Depies and her team will be recognized in-stadium before kick for their services to the wellness of the community in a way that is based in indigenous values and ways of knowing. IPTF was founded in 1987 to develop and implement culturally appropriate HIV education and direct services to the Native community in Minnesota. The organization provides housing, case management support to people living with HIV, HIV testing and participates in needle exchange programs. The IPTF also uses theater and visual arts infusions with their youth suicide prevention and teen pregnancy prevention programs.
In-game elements include:
- MNUFC Supporters’ will host a ‘March to the Match,’ beginning at 3:00 p.m. CT at the corner of Shields Ave. and Ashbury Street before heading to the southwest corner of Allianz Field.
- The Lawn Layover on the Great Lawn, presented by Sun Country Airlines, opens at 1:30 p.m. and will include activities for fans such as an immersive 180-degree photo booth, customizable t-shirt stations and a face-painting and temporary tattoo station, to name a few.
- The Suburbs, a local Twin Cities rock band, is set to perform at the Lawn Layover, taking the stage at approximately 2:40 p.m.
- Upon entry into Allianz Field, fans will have the opportunity to receive pins, buffs, sunglasses or clear fanny packs sponsored by Target.
- At the southeast and southwest gates there will also be standard photo booths and customized t-shirt stations.
- During halftime, a quiz from Target will take place on the MNUFC App with winners receiving giveaway prizes and gift cards.
- Pre-game inside Allianz Field, Target will coordinate a synchronized selfie opportunity where fans can collectively and simultaneously snap selfie photos.