During September, Major League Soccer and Continental Tire will team up to raise awareness and funds for childhood cancer. Now in its 7th year, the Kick Childhood Cancer campaign aims to find better cures for all types of childhood cancer, and now more than ever, provide support to one of the most vulnerable populations affected by the Covid-19 pandemic.
Available now is the 2021 Kick Childhood Cancer Top. This AEROREADY creation is comfortable and stylish, with a unique design created for Kick Childhood Cancer month.
Kick Childhood Cancer Month
In partnership with MLS Clubs, players, coaches, staff and fans, the Kick Childhood Cancer campaign will aim to raise funds for Children’s Oncology Group (COG) Foundation, and provide comfort and inspiration to the patients and families within the pediatric cancer community.
MLS and Continental Tire will Partner with MLS Clubs, players and/or MLS Greats to “surprise & delight” pediatric cancer patients and health care providers with unique experiences and acts of kindness throughout the month. Continental Tire will also provide Kick Childhood Cancer care kits to patients in addition to donating Tire certificates for patient families and/or hospital workers to help with travel needs related to treatment.
Why Childhood Cancer
- Every day, 40 children in the Unites States are diagnosed with cancer
- 1 out of 5 children who are diagnosed with cancer dies
- 3 out of 5 who survive children’s cancer suﬀer late-effects, such as infertility, heart failure and secondary cancers
- Across all ages, ethnic and socio-economic groups, cancer remains the number one cause of death by disease in children
- And cancer does not pause during unprecedented times.
The Children’s Oncology Group Foundation supports the Children’s Oncology Group, the world’s largest organization devoted exclusively to childhood and adolescent cancer research, uniting more than 10,000 experts in childhood cancer at more than 200 leading children’s hospitals around the world.