Minnesota United is recognizing Kick Childhood Cancer month throughout September. At Saturday’s game against LA Galaxy (September 18 @ 7:00 p.m. CT), MNUFC will celebrate KCC, presented by M Health Fairview, with several in-game elements:
- Players will wear the names of pediatric patients on the back of their warm-up tops, which will be gifted to the families, and a yellow Kick Childhood Cancer ribbon jersey patch on their jerseys.
- M Health Honorary Scoreboard Keeper Braxton, an M Health cancer patient.
- Children’s Cancer Research Fund will host families in a Party Suite at Allianz Field for the game, and 40 additional tickets will be distributed to CCRF families and staff.
- Kick Childhood Cancer jerseys will be auctioned by Minnesota United after the game, with proceeds benefitting M Health Fairview University of Minnesota Masonic Children’s Hospital.
- Allianz Field façade will be lit gold for halftime.
- KCC-themed elements in-stadium will include gold nets, gold corner flags, gold LED boards and other digital video board elements.
- A club-produced PSA about how we can help fight childhood cancer, shared across the club's digital channels.
Additionally, throughout the month of September, MNUFC will recognize KCC:
- Until September 25, fans are encouraged to round up their purchases as part of our Register Round Up program at the Black and Blue Team Store with proceeds benefiting Children’s Cancer Research Fund.
- Kick Childhood Cancer Scarf and Top merchandise will be available for purchase at the Black and Blue Team Store.
- Minnesota United, Major League Soccer and Continental Tire have teamed up to produce KCC-themed pajama pants to be donated to local children’s hospitals around the Twin Cities.
- MNUFC eMLS player Brandon Yamane and a first team player will host a FIFA charity stream with proceeds befitting Children’s Cancer Research Fund.
Minnesota United’s fifth season in MLS continues. To get access to presales for the 2021 season, join The Preserve — the official Allianz Field Waiting List — or sign up for Minnesota United newsletters.