The celebration of Hispanic Heritage Month kicks off this Saturday, September 25 at Allianz Field when the Loons play Houston Dynamo at 7:00 p.m. CT, presented by Allina Health.
In-game elements include:
- Hispanic-influenced food will be served in the club spaces.
- Latin-influence food trucks on the Great Lawn before the game, including Habanero Tacos.
- La Clave Orchestra, a Twin Cities 10-piece salsa and cumbia band bringing music from Latin American/Hispanic regions for over seven years, will perform on the Great Lawn before the game.
- Hispanic Heritage-themed elements in-stadium will include fluorescent colored LED boards and other digital video board elements, plus Latin and Latin-influenced music in the stadium.
- Integration of Spanish pregame and in-game PA reads for team- and game-related content, broadcast promotion included Spanish reads from MNUFC captain Osvaldo Alonso.
For the rest of Hispanic Heritage Month, which runs through October 15, MNUFC will keep the celebration going with additional programming, merch and activations, including:
- Sound of the Loons podcast feature with goalkeeper Adrian Zendejas, touching on identity and living as a Mexican-American in the U.S.
- Sound of the Loons podcast feature on Latino-led non-profit CLUES (Comunidades Latinas Unidas En Servicio), an organization in the Twin Cities that works to ensure the advancement of social and economic equity and wellbeing for Latinos in Minnesota.
- Fans are encouraged to round up their purchases as part of our Register Round Up program at the Black and Blue Team Store with proceeds benefitting CLUES.
- Hispanic Heritage Month T-shirts and scarves are available for purchase at the Black and Blue Team Store.
- Club-produced content celebrating Hispanic culture, Mexican slang, South American caffeine-rich infused drink mate, First Team player recipes from their home countries and sharing Hispanic-owned businesses, restaurants and organizations around the Twin Cities.
Minnesota United’s fifth season in MLS continues. To get access to presales, special offer and much more, join The Preserve — the official Allianz Field Waiting List — or sign up for Minnesota United newsletters. More information on both can be found at mnufc.com.