Minnesota United is teaming up with Allianz Life to help Midway-area food shelf Keystone Community Services distribute food to those in need. This free event, Farmers Market In A Box, will offer fresh produce, dairy items, and meat to Ramsey County residents, especially those in the Midway neighborhood, who have been affected by both the pandemic and disruption to their normal food resources due to recent events. Food will be provided by Second Harvest Heartland, through the COVID Food Assistance Program (CFAP). Allianz Life, MNUFC and Keystone hope to provide food support to 700 Ramsey Country families through this event.
WHEN: Friday, June 12, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
WHERE: Allianz Field – 400 Snelling Ave N, St Paul, MN 55104
The Free Farmers Market In A Box event will be held near the Great Lawn outside Allianz Field to provide easy access to participants.
What to Know Before You Arrive:
- Participants are encouraged to drive to the event, if possible, as food deliveries will be made directly to vehicles, although walk-ups are also welcome.
- Each Free Farmers Market In A Box participant will receive nearly 50 pounds of fresh produce, dairy products like yogurt and cheese, and meat products including chicken and pork.
- There is no “demonstrated need documentation” required and is open to anyone needing food support.
- Please access the event from Snelling Avenue, entering the site along Spruce Tree Avenue (along the north side of the Great Lawn).
- Ramsey County Sheriff staff will provide traffic control and directions.
- Volunteers from Allianz Life, MNUFC and Keystone will distribute pre-packaged food while adhering to recommendations for social distancing and safety protocols due to the pandemic.
In addition to supporting the community through programs that improve the lives of youth, families and seniors, Keystone’s food shelves in Ramsey County are designed to support those who need food assistance and other help. Along with their Foodmobile, crisis support and additional food programs, Keystone Community Services works to strengthen their community by giving ample access to neighbors in need.
Allianz Life is also supporting Keystone by matching all financial contributions up to $50,000 to help provide access to healthy food for those living in Saint Paul and the Midway Neighborhood. To donate, click here.