MATCHUP QUICK FACTS
· Minnesota United’s last game was a 2-2 draw on the road against the Vancouver Whitecaps at Rio Tinto Stadium in Sandy, Utah.
· The draw stretched Minnesota’s unbeaten streak to four games, with one loss in their last 12.
· Ethan Finlay’s goal in the 45th minute was his first of the season.
· Robin Lod’s strike in the 75th minute gave him five on the season, all of which have come in the 75th minute or later and three of which have been gamewinners.
· Robin Lod is currently on a four-game streak with either a goal or an assist, equaling an earlier four-game streak with a point that stretched from April 24 to May 15.
· The Loons have never lost to the Dynamo in Minnesota and never beaten them in Texas, racking up an overall record of 2-4-4 in MLS play.
· In their last eight games, the Dynamo have seven draws.
· Houston have nearly doubled Minnesota’s shots in the all-time series, 175 to 91. They’ve more than doubled their shots on goal, 68 to 33.
· MNUFC and Houston are tied for total assists with 20 apiece. Since both teams have played 1,440 minutes this season, that also makes them even in assists per 90 at 1.25.
· The Loons are at the bottom of the league in shots on goal with only 26.3% of their strikes finding the frame.
· Minnesota United are tied for third in game-winning assists with nine on the year. They continue their stay near the top of the total shots leaderboard with 243, which is third.
· Houston Dynamo are tied for second in yellow card cautions, having been booked 38 times on the season. They’ve also committed the third-most fouls in MLS with 220.
· Accordingly, two Houston players are in the top ten for yellow cards: Fafa Picault has eight and Matias Vera has six.
· The speedy Fafa Picault is also tied for second in offside calls with 14.
· Emanuel Reynoso is tied for fourth in shots this season with 48. One of the players he’s tied with is Houston’s Maximiliano Urruti.
· Last week, Houston acquired forward Corey Baird from LAFC for $750,000 allocation money and an international slot.
· Tyler Miller’s 0.92 goals against average has him tied for third in the league with Philadelphia’s Andre Blake.
· Osvaldo Alonso’s next appearance will be his 50th for MNUFC in MLS in the regular season.
· Darwin Quintero played the 2018 and 2019 MLS Seasons with Minnesota. He scored the first hat trick in the MLS era for Minnesota and holds almost all of the club’s offensive records including goals, assists, shots and shots on goal.
· Niko Hansen played for the Houston Dynamo in 2019 and 2020, ringing up two goals and an assist in 749 minutes of action.
· Maximiliano Urruti and Jukka Raitala were both members of CF Montréal in 2019 and 2020. Urruti and Jacori Hayes crossed paths at FC Dallas in the 2017 and 2018 seasons.