MATCHUP QUICK FACTS
- Minnesota United’s last result was a 3-1 loss to the D.C. United at Audi Field in Washington D.C.
- Defender Bakaye Dibassy’s header in the 40th minute was his first for the club in the regular season. He scored goals in the playoffs last year against Sporting KC in the Western Conference Semifinal and against Seattle in the Western Conference Final.
- The Loons’ 5-2-3 formation in the game was the first time they’ve played with three centerbacks this season.
- Minnesota and Dallas are both 5-5-1 in the all-time series. The Loons have never won in Dallas and the Toros have only won once in Minnesota. The one draw came in their last meeting on June 19 of this season at Toyota Stadium.
- MNUFC have scored eight first half goals and nine second half goals in the all-time series while FC Dallas have scored nine first half goals and eight second half goals.
- Nine of Dallas’ 17 total goals have come in the final 15 minutes of the first and second halves.
- Robin Lod registered a gentleman’s hat trick (three assists) against FC Dallas on November 8, 2020.
- Midfielder Bryan Acosta will miss this game after picking up a red card in Dallas’ loss to Sporting Kansas City. Acosta is sixth in fouls committed this year.
- Dallas’ Ricardo Pepi is tied for fourth in goals scored this season with 13.
- Minnesota’s Franco Fragapane is second in assists per 90 minutes at 0.74 with seven overall this season. Dallas’ Szabolcs Schon is in third with 0.68 helpers per 90.
- Tyler Miller’s nine shutouts have him tied for second on the year with Philadelphia’s Andre Blake.
- MNUFC and FC Dallas are both top 10 in fouls committed. The Loons are tied for seventh with 339 while the Toros are tied for fifth with 362.
- Dallas are in a three-way tie with Real Salt Lake and the San Jose Earthquakes for the lead in yellow cards with 66.
- The Toros and the Loons are tied for ninth in corner kicks with 138 apiece.
- Jacori Hayes played for FC Dallas from 2017 to 2019. He also played for the club’s USL League One squad, North Texas FC.
- Hayes, Justin McMaster and Brandon Servania all played for Wake Forest in college.
- Franco Jara played for CF Pachuca in 2019, facing Minnesota in a friendly at Allianz Field. Jara scored the second goal for Los Tuzos in an eventual 2-2 draw.
- Callum Montgomery was traded to Minnesota United ahead of the 2021 season from FC Dallas. He was drafted by Dallas in the 2019 MLS SuperDraft and was a teammate of Dayne St. Clair on the U23 Canada Men’s National Team.