Full Time Positions
The Corporate Sales Manager is a full-time position that will develop and maintain strategic corporate relationships with new and existing clients to sell all Minnesota United FC-related assets. These assets include, but are not limited to, game day signage, broadcast integrations, web integrations, community outreach projects and Twin Cities events. Applications for this position should be submitted through TeamWork Online.
- Research and assess local and national market for potential partnership opportunities
- Formulate business relationships and new clients through cold calling, referrals, networking and site visits
- Foster client relationships to create a mutually beneficial partnership and generate additional revenue
- Work closely with other departments and the partnership marketing team to look for additional revenue opportunities for potential and current clients
- Represent Minnesota United FC in the community and business environment when involved in civic and professional organizations
- A minimum of 3 years (5 preferred) of experience in a business sales or development role
- Experience selling advertising, sponsorship, digital and promotional programs
- Experience generating clients through cold calling
- Experience developing a marketing/events strategy for clients and executing against that plan
- Experience in personally developing business in media or sports preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
This is a full-time, entry-level position. Your primary focus will be on selling Minnesota United FC season ticket, group packages and hospitality offerings. You will receive dedicated training and you will learn techniques to maximize your verbal and written business communication skills. Prospects are targeted through new business initiatives, networking events and mining our current database via phone calls, emails, and in-person meetings. This position is located in Golden Valley, MN. Applications for this position should be submitted through TeamWork Online.
- Maximize ticket sales and ticket sales revenue through execution of meetings, sales calls, and networking events
- Prospecting through web research and personal networks
- Target businesses to share information about our brand
- Exemplify the core characteristics of a strong sales culture, including strong interpersonal skills, prompt and professional follow-through, openness to new ideas and suggestions, and constant enthusiasm toward internal and external contacts
- Communicate effectively and professionally with all internal and external contacts
- Support a positive sales culture within the sales team, as well as the entire front office.
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Director of Ticket Sales
- Bachelor’s degree in sports administration, business, advertising, or marketing preferred
- Interest in building a career in sales
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Team player with a positive attitude, self-confidence, professionalism, resourcefulness, integrity, motivation, and a very strong work ethic
- Sales experience, although not required, is preferred
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Bilingual skills a plus
The Ticket Operations and Analytics Coordinator position is entry level, where the primary focus is assisting the Ticket Operations Manager with managing and growing the sales database, developing and running reports, and ensuring the box office is running smoothly on game days. This position is highly analytical and technology-based, but requires business development sense and an entrepreneurial spirit as well. Applications for this position should be submitted through TeamWork Online.
- Create and maintain patron records in CRM system.
- Assist with managing the sales database.
- Enter data captured from events, contests, and games into the system.
- Develop new leads and enter them into the system.
- Organize, set up, troubleshoot and tear down the box office area and equipment to be ready for game day needs.
- On game days, assist in the box office, answering questions for patrons, and running the ticketing system.
- Create and analyze complex sales reports for use by upper management.
- Bachelor’s degree in sports administration, business, or computer science preferred.
- Technological aptitude; the ability to troubleshoot complex systems and solve reporting problems.
- Team player with a positive attitude, self-confidence, professionalism, resourcefulness, integrity, motivation, and a very strong work ethic.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Very strong Microsoft Excel skills.
The Ticket Operations Manager position manages and supervises the ticket operation of Minnesota United FC and ensures that the team is operating within the scope of generally accepted ticket operations standards and practices. It manages all ticket distribution and trains, supervises and manages the Box Office staff. It will also manage the clubs transition from one ticketing system to another. Applications for this position should be submitted through TeamWork Online.
- Manage and maintain all seating manifests for all stadiums team plays in
- Develop accurate and insightful reports on ticket sales and services as requested
- Generate and maintain a customer friendly buying process for promotions as requested by staff
- Hire, manage and train a friendly and efficient box office staff
- Act as lead in software training and integration, including training for staff and season ticket holders. This includes receiving on-going training and actively seeking out knowledge in all software in order to be the team expert in technology as it relates to the Box Office and ticketing
- Be an integral role in preparing, implementing and controlling all aspects of season ticket renewals, pricing, incoming payments and payment plans
- Ensure the team is adhering to all PCI Compliance standards
- Act as the box office manager on all home matches and assist in problem solving for all match day related issues
- Create and maintain record keeping and filing structure
- Be the access management system expert and act as lead in training for match day ticket takers
- Manage all consignment and ticket broker accounts
- Communicate openly with Director of Ticket Sales on all aspects of ticket operations
- Manage and control group and season ticket inventory
- Order supplies for Ticket Operations (ticket stock, season tickets, forms, envelopes, etc.)
- Work with team administrator concerning player and staff tickets
- Excellent computer skills: expert in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Undergraduate degree in Sport Management, Marketing, Business Intelligence or related field
- Minimum of 4 years of ticketing experience preferred
- Understanding of Spectra and Seat Geek systems preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience with CRM software
- Ability to work weekends and holidays
Part Time Positions
Minnesota United FC has created a hands-on learning experience for students and recent graduates looking to gain an understanding of a MLS Academy. The MNUFC Development Academy Internship will be a paid, part-time position (15-20 hours per week depending on travel) from August to December within the Development Academy teams. This role provides a unique educational experience and a behind-the-scenes look into various elements associated with the Development Academy. The participant will be supervised by the Academy General Manager. Applications for this position should be submitted through TeamWork Online.
- Learn about various administrative roles in the MNUFC Development Academy
- Gain hands-on experience in marketing, administration and operations
- Travel to away Development Academy matches for operations such as, meal coordination, study sessions, etc.
- Daily operations of Development Academy training sessions
- Ensure a successful set-up and execution of Development Academy home matches, which includes filming of matches for technical analysis
- Recent graduate or current student working towards an undergraduate or graduate degree with an emphasis in a related field
- Interest and experience in competitive sports environment, soccer preferred
- Previous experience in event management is preferred
- Strong work-ethic and proactive attitude are essential
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to travel and work flexible hours (evenings, weekends)
Brand Ambassadors will act as the highly energetic and engaging faces of MNUFC. Brand Ambassadors will learn the MNUFC personality, the stories our brand is telling, and the way we as a club are currently telling the story. Brand Ambassadors will then bring that vision to life through consistent messaging and interactions with people through conversation and experiences. As a Brand Ambassador, you will receive a behind-the-scenes look at how to execute large and small events as well as how to engage with fans and people in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area to continue to grow a fan base. Applications for this position should be submitted through TeamWork Online.
- Execute a consistent brand experience by knowing and embodying the MNUFC brand - Tell our story in a consistent and energetic fashion
- Generate excitement through in-person conversations with fans at events and activations
- Set up activation footprints the MNUFC way
- Tear down with effectiveness and organization in mind
- Write post-event recaps within 24 hours following an activation
- Act as an energetic, highly engaging extension of the MNUFC brand at events and activations
- Participate in fan engagement at home games
- Assist with general needs including inventory, organization, and data entry
- 18 years of age or older
- Access to reliable transportation (not all locations are accessible via public transit)
- Flexible schedule – most events will be in the evenings during the week and on the weekends
- Outstanding communication skills including in-person and email
- An outgoing and energetic personality with ability to maintain a conversation with strangers
- Focused on attention to detail, taking initiative, and creating a positive working environment
- Preferred: Bilingual in English and Spanish, Somali, Oromo, Arabic, Korean, Vietnamese, Karen, or Hmong
The Cultural Liaison is a part-time position, where the primary focus is prospecting new clients for the purpose of creating ticket sales and marketing opportunities, as well as promoting brand awareness and building positive relationships between Minnesota United and diverse communities. This position will be responsible for assisting the Ticket Sales and Communications/Marketing department. You will receive dedicated training and you will learn techniques to maximize your verbal and written business communication skills. This position is located in Golden Valley, MN. Applications for this position should be submitted through TeamWork Online.
- Prospecting new clients to drive ticket sales, marketing opportunities, and brand awareness
- Assist with community engagement efforts and building/maintaining community relationships
- Participate in fan interaction at games, including tailgate parties, as well as pre-game, halftime, and post-game promotions
- Assist with sales tasks, events, and marketing activities as assigned
- Other duties assigned by Senior Director of Ticket Sales and Senior Vice President of Communications and Marketing
- Knowledge of and experience working with diverse communities
- Fluently bilingual in English and Somali or Oromo
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with a variety of cultures, perspectives, and backgrounds
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Focused on attention to detail, taking initiative, and creating a positive working environment
- Ability to work flexible hours including, but not limited to, evenings, weekends, and holidays