Full Time Positions
The Accounting Manager will report directly to the Senior Director of Finance and is responsible for monitoring general accounting practices, overseeing month-end processing and reconciliations, developing internal accounting controls and the annual audit. Applications for this position should be submitted through TeamWork Online.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for day-to-day cash management and oversight of credit card processing function
- Prepare and review account reconciliations
- Assist in month-end close including various general ledger account reconciliations
- Preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; assisting with regulatory reporting as applicable
- Implement and monitor the month, quarter, and year-end closeout accounting schedules
- Aid in the development of monthly and quarterly accounting reports for the management and executive teams
- Prepares annual financial audit and tax work papers
- Implements and monitors compliance of accounting policies and procedures
- Communicate with other departments to answer questions and ensure controls are being followed
- Support the Senior Director of Finance with cash forecasting, budgeting, and revenue and expenditure variance analysis
- Establish and maintain fiscal files and records to document transactions
- Maintain documented system of accounting policies and operations
- Assist in preparing quarterly/annual financial reports
- Achieve accounting operational objectives by contributing accounting information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing chang
- Define, benchmark and implement operational best practices
- Present financial reporting and potential risk areas to Senior Director of Finance
- Maintain internal controls to support the financial infrastructure
- Assist the Senior Director of Finance and Chief Operating Officer with special projects as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or business related field; or equivalent education and experience
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills, detail oriented with exceptional business acumen
- Proven knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws, and regulations
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time and meet deadlines
- Must be a proven leader with a positive attitude
- Strong knowledge of internal controls, possess excellent interpersonal communication skills, as well as be detail-oriented
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment and work flexible hours including weekends and holidays
- Proficient in QuickBooks
- Accounts Payable
- Cash Flow
- Accounts Receivable
- Quarterly and Year End Tax Preparation
- Online Banking / Bank Reconciliation
- Sports or Entertainment Industry Experience
Reporting to the General Manager of Allianz Field, the Director of Special Events is a full-time position that will own many aspects of the special events business at Allianz Field. This includes developing sales and marketing strategies, managing event inquiries, client communication, fulfillment, and follow up. The Director of Special Events will also play a role on Minnesota United FC matchdays and Allianz Field full stadium events. Applications for this position should be submitted through TeamWork Online.
Rental Event Duties:
- Responsible for achieving annual gross and net sales goals and leading the team to ensure all events are executed with excellence
- Proactively solicit new business by making sales calls/presentations and engaging in other client prospecting, with the expectation of exceeding monthly and yearly revenue targets
- Identify event opportunities, understand the market, and generate interest in renting space
- Prepare and send pricing, proposals and contracts to potential clients
- Create, market and present new business opportunities to existing client base; research, analyze and develop special event profit generating opportunities
- Manage inventory of marketing materials as it pertains to the Allianz Field rental business
- Organize, coordinate, execute and follow up on all event inquiries which may include, but is not limited to corporate meetings, weddings, seminars, and conferences. Delegating to the Special Events Coordinator when necessary
- Develop and maintain client relationships and repeat business
- Discuss and share all necessary event materials with the client. These materials could be, but are not limited to space layouts, capacity diagrams, catering menus, A/V capabilities, etc.
- Management and organizational skills to oversee facilities and manage all event details such as decor, catering, entertainment, equipment drop off and pickup, promotional material, etc.
- Coordinate event logistics with vendors, internal teams, external partners, and stakeholders
- Assist Guest Experience Manager with part-time staff scheduling, develop on-site staffing plans for events, and supervise part-time staff during events
- Proactive approach to handling issues and troubleshooting any emerging problems on the event day
- Provide a service culture that generates positive event satisfaction, sustained revenue achievement, excellent internal communications and interdepartmental participation
- Management of all project elements within time limits and on budget
- Create and edit event information/communication briefings for internal teams and external parties
- Conduct post-event evaluations to determine how future events could be improved
Required Experience, Qualifications and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Event Management, Hospitality, Business or related field or a combination of related education and work experience
- 5 years of progressive sales and/or event operations experience
- Strong foundation of analytical skills, with the ability to identify problems and seek out solutions during the client experience
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to influence others to drive change
- Must be organized and have the ability to multi-task
- Available to work evenings, weekends and normal business days.
- Ability to stand/walk for 8+ hours at a time
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- May be exposed to inclement weather-coat will be provided
Reporting to the Director of Events and Guest Experience, the Guest Experience Manager is a full-time roll that will lead many aspects of the event and related functions that are key to creating a world-class guest experience at Allianz Field. The GEM will assist in the implementation and delivery of a comprehensive Guest Experience program for Match Day Staff, while also supporting existing organizational values and critical success factors. The GEM will drive positive change through influence, while also representing the voice of the guest within the organization, always striving to continuously improve the guest experience. Applications for this position should be submitted through TeamWork Online.
- Create a seamless guest experience and take a lead in the integration of new customer service standards, while maintaining or improving the culture of the department.
- Work with management team to continue the development of secret shop criteria, frequency, planning, and continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with Events Department to ensure proper staffing for internal and external needs.
- Leadership and influencing skills that lend to leading teams, building positive relationships and collaborating with internal and external partners.
- Manage and aid in the development of employee performance including interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees.
- Manage employee appreciation/communication; ex: staff contests, break area decorating, newsletter, team-building events.
- Implement staff recognitions and rewards.
- Ensure event and venue information is consistently and accurately communicated across all platforms.
- Maintain all aspects of department uniform; including ordering, distribution, maintenance and laundering.
- Stay up-to-date on industry products and trends, identifying opportunities for inclusion into the MNUFC and Allianz Field experience.
- Work with the Director of Culture and Talent Management and outside vendors to continually develop training programs; reporting on program metrics, success stories, and planning.
- Partner with Business Intelligence team on execution of post-event surveys, leveraging data to run post-event meetings and identify improvement areas across the guest experience.
- Complete Guest Experience payroll.
- Schedule and complete Guest Experience staff placement sheet for assigned events.
- Prepare and print event day materials for staff ensuring information is ready at scheduled report time.
- Lead event day Guest Experience staff meetings, clearly communicating event details.
- Review building setup for events including magnetometer placement, door signs for entry points, ADA seating, and more.
- Evaluate, identify, and implement improvements to operational processes such as gate entry, food & beverage queuing, fan flow, and more.
- Work with various stakeholders in addressing key pain points in the guest’s journey.
- Assist the Director of Events & Guest Experience in providing direction to contracted Security and Medical Services personnel.
- Address, document, and resolve part-time employee issues while on duty.
Required Experience, Qualifications, and Education:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Sports Management, Hospitality, Business or related field or a combination of related education and work experience.
- 3-5 years of progressive customer service experience.
- A strong foundation of analytical skills, with the ability to use data to identify problems and solutions in the guest experience.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to influence others to drive change.
- Experience developing and presenting training materials across multiple leadership levels and departments.
- Payroll experience preferred.
- Available to work evenings, weekends and normal business days.
- Ability to stand/walk for 8+ hours at a time
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- May be exposed to inclement weather-coat will be provided
Minnesota United FC are currently seeking a talented individual to join as a Production Engineer. The Production Engineer will serve as the technical point of contact and manager of the Production Studio, Control Room Systems, IPTV system, Broadcast systems, and overall Production workflow/integration pertaining to those specified areas. The ideal candidate will have a combination of technical and operational skills that will ensure our department’s successful and efficient day to day operation. Applications for this position should be submitted through TeamWork Online.
- Oversee technical operations for the Production Studio, Production Control Room, and manage IPTV systems on daily basis. This includes building, loading, scripting digital content within control room for Match Day Presentation and within IPTV system to ensure proper Sponsor integration and scripting
- Manage crewing and scheduling for all MNUFC events, non-MNUFC events and specialized club events for vendors, sponsors, and external groups
- Maintain production equipment when needed. Coordinate and execute annual health checks, preventive maintenance schedules, and technical training on production equipment and broadcast systems. Manage event based technical requirements relating to the broadcast control room’s video display and IPTV system
- Ensure effective setup and operation of, cameras, intercom systems, audio systems, IPTV system and related control room equipment as well as the video storage server
- Handle day-to-day project management with technical vendors, general contractors, and third-party entities that interface with the department for relevant capital projects
- Work with third-party groups and entities hosting events at Allianz Field, handling technical requirements relating to video display system functions, technical invoicing and production operations
- Interpret, implement and ensure compliance with regulations, policies and procedures
- Maintain, repair, and test all broadcast equipment and infrastructure throughout Allianz Field; including but not limited to fiber optic, SMPTE cable, and other audio/video cabling, master control room servers, router, switcher, IPTV, and related equipment, broadcast level cameras, and other A/V equipment
- Three to five years of experience of maintaining broadcast systems and production workflow, event-production and technical execution required
- Extensive demonstrated knowledge of control room systems, broadcast facilities, and live production
- A strong understanding of IP video encoding/decoding, multicasting over internal networks, video code, infrastructures and network management
- Demonstrated excellent communication, teamwork, and time-management skills
- A strong understanding of asset management and delivery, file structuring, and overall post-production workflow
- The ability to work autonomously and during non-traditional business hours required, including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Experience in live events, in-house production, and TV production. Must be able to perform hands on work with productions and live events while maintaining infrastructure including the ability to run ancillary event support
- Ability to prioritize and to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Proven ability to successfully plan, coordinate, and execute tactically and strategically
Minnesota United is looking to hire a Public Relations Manager to support all communications initiatives. The sport of soccer is thriving in Minnesota and with a brand-new soccer-specific stadium, Allianz Field, ready for completion in 2019 it is critical that the club positions itself in the community with smart, strategic communications strategies. The job will offer an opportunity to help the club and the sport grow in Minnesota and become an internationally recognized brand. This position will have the opportunity to write, pitch stories, cultivate relationships with members of the media and work closely with players, coaching and front office staff to position MNUFC as a leader in the world of soccer. Applications for this position should be submitted through TeamWork Online.
- Develop and support strategies, campaigns and initiatives in collaboration with the Senior Director of Public Relations and Marketing & Communications Department to maintain and improve club image
- Create, write and edit a variety of club materials, including press releases, media advisories and kits, match notes, media guides and more
- Serve as a media liaison for the club at training sessions, home games and select away games, fielding requests, facilitating interviews and proactively pitching stories
- Coordinate club’s credential request, approval and distribution process for home games at Allianz Field and other events and manage press-box operations on matchdays
- Manage club’s overall reputation within the community and general public
- Build relationships with local, national and international media influencers
- Manage media distribution lists in MailChimp and other platforms
- Use media monitoring to create comprehensive weekly reports and track the impact of PR initiatives on business and sales growth
- Ideal candidate is bilingual and can support Spanish-language club initiatives, including but not limited to social media accounts and MNUFC.COM/español, in addition to serving as a translator for players, media and written collateral
- Assist with management of department’s interns and associates
- 2-3 years of experience in PR with a sports organization
- Bilingual – written and oral Spanish-language skills strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, or related field preferred
- Strong PR background with a proven ability to drive earned brand awareness
- Confident communicator and presenter with excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Highly organized planner with exceptional time-management skills
- Proactive, reliable and responsible with great attention to detail
- Tactical understanding of all media platforms
- Possesses ability to keep information confidential
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings, in high-stress environments
The position is a full-time, entry level position with Minnesota United FC. This person’s primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, performing receptionist duties by greeting and directing visitors, receiving and sorting daily mail/deliveries/couriers, performing various duties relating to office operations, and assisting various departments as needed. Applications for this position should be submitted through TeamWork Online.
- Greet and direct visitors
- Receive and deliver incoming mail; send outgoing mail
- Assist with large gatherings/meetings
- Complete opening and closing of the office
- Schedule appointments and effectively manage executive calendars
- Coordinate travel and related accommodations
- Draft written email responses and handle phone calls with a high level of attention to detail
- Draft routine correspondence
- Organize, update, and maintain files and assist in general office organization
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality relating to the company and employees
- Assist with special projects or other duties as assigned
- Maintain the general cleanliness of the office
- Update and oversee conference room schedules
- Other miscellaneous office duties as needed
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Prior administrative experience in a professional environment
- Excellent organizational skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work efficiently in a high energy, fast paced environment
- Team player with a positive attitude, self-confidence, professionalism, resourcefulness, integrity, motivation, and a very strong work ethic
- Ability to handle confidential information and projects with professionalism and discretion
- Outstanding initiative and sufficient organizational acumen to maintain a high-volume workload
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays (including game days)
Part Time Positions
Minnesota United FC has created a hands-on learning experience for students looking to gain an understanding of a MLS Academy. The MNUFC Academy Internship will be an unpaid/for credit, part-time position, (anywhere around 15-30 hours per week depending on travel and credit requirements) from January to May within the Development Academy teams. This role provides a unique educational experience and a behind-the-scenes look into various elements associated with the Development Academy program. The participant will be supervised by the Academy General Manager. Applications for this position should be submitted through TeamWork Online.
- Learn about various administrative roles in the MNUFC Academy, including the Development Academy
- Gain hands-on experience in marketing, administration and operations
- Travel to away Development Academy matches
- Learn about and participate in MNUFC Development Academy communications, including its website content creation and social media presence
- Under supervision from the Academy General Manager, ensure successful set-up and execution of Academy home matches
- Current student working towards an undergraduate or graduate degree with an emphasis in a related field, ability to earn university credit is required
- Interest and experience in competitive sports environment, soccer preferred
- Previous experience in event management is preferred
- Strong work-ethic and proactive attitude are essential
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Able to travel and work flexible hours (evenings, weekends)
The Brand Ambassador role is a part-time position that will act as the highly energetic and engaging faces of MNUFC. Brand Ambassadors will learn the MNUFC personality, the stories our brand is telling, and the way we as a club are currently telling the story. This role will then bring that vision to life through consistent messaging and interactions with people through conversation and experiences. As a Brand Ambassador, you will receive a behind-the-scenes look at how to execute large and small events as well as how to engage with fans and people in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area to continue to grow a fan base. Applications for this position should be submitted through TeamWork Online.
- Execute a consistent brand experience by knowing and embodying the MNUFC brand
- Tell our story in a consistent and energetic fashion
- Generate excitement through in-person conversations with fans at events and activations
- Setting up activation footprints the MNUFC way
- Tear down with effectiveness and organization in mind
- Write post event recaps within 24 hours following an activation
- Act as an energetic, highly engaging extension of the MNUFC brand at events and activations
- Participate in fan engagement at home games
- Assist with general needs including inventory, organization, and data entry
- 18 years of age or older
- Access to reliable transportation (not all locations are accessible via public transit)
- Flexible schedule – most events will be in the evenings during the week and on the weekends
- Available to work up to 20-25 hours per week
- Ability to work most if not all home matches
- Ability to work the duration of the season (February - end of season
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds
- Outstanding communication skills, including in-person and email
- An outgoing and energetic personality with ability to maintain a conversation with strangers
- Focused on attention to detail, taking initiative, and creating a positive working environment
The Corporate Partnerships Intern is a paid, part-time temporary position within the Club, focused on gaining hands-on experience in partnership activation with a professional sports organization. The position will focus on assisting the sponsorship sales and service team with acquisition, implementation, and recapping partnerships by creating presentations, coordinating special events and assisting with game day partnership execution. In addition, this position will play a role in coordinating, executing, and assisting with any hospitality events that are hosted for corporate partners. Applications for this position should be submitted through TeamWork Online.
- Assist with day-to-day department responsibilities
- Create professional and creative partnership proposals
- Lead match day activation set-up and teardown
- Manage match day promotions staff
- Manage occasional outside event setup, activation and teardown
- Capture and organize mentions of partners in social media and news clippings
- Capture and organize match day photographs of sponsor activations
- Produce detailed season recaps for all partners using analytic and presentation tools
- Assist with planning and executing hospitality events for corporate partner clients and prospects
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple priorities
- Excellent computer and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Team-first attitude, positive, and willing to assist wherever necessary
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Must be self-motivated and willing to take initiative
- Ability to work all match days and special hospitality events which may include nights, weekends and potentially some holidays
- Available 5 days a week a total of 20 hours per week in office (including additional events and game days)
- Ability to frequently lift up to 25 lbs., and work occasionally in an outdoor environment
- Ability to sit, stand or walk for long periods of time
- Ideally a recent college graduate or working toward a Bachelor’s degree
- Customer service and/or events experience preferred