- Michael Boxall and Deklan Wynne are members of the New Zealand national team.
- Lalas Abubakar played with Ethan Finlay for the first part of the 2017 season on Columbus Crew SC, before Finlay was traded to Minnesota.
- Diego Rubio and Ike Opara were teammates on Sporting Kansas City from 2016 though 2018.
- Kei Kamara has played with many MNUFC players in his career. He played the 2013 season with Opara on SKC. He was a teammate of Finlay’s on Crew SC from 2015 through 2016, and played with Jose Aja for the Vancouver Whitecaps in 2018.
- Nicolas Mezquida also spent 2018 with Aja on the Whitecaps.
- Collen Warner was a part of Minnesota’s roster for its inaugural season in MLS in 2017 and stayed with the team through 2018, playing 42 games in total with a goal and an assist.
- Marlon Hairston was a member of the Colorado Rapids from 2014–2018.
- Raheem Edwards played with Clint Irwin and Drew Moor for Toronto in 2017.
- Irwin was in net for Toronto FC in 2018 when MNUFC notched its first hat trick in MLS thanks to Darwin Quintero in a 4-3 win.
- Jacori Hayes and Kellyn Acosta played together for FC Dallas in 2017 and 2018.
- Chase Gasper, Jonathan Lewis and Sam Vines were called up to the USMNT for the January 2020 camp and game against Costa Rica.
MATCHUP QUICK FACTS
- Minnesota and Colorado split the season series in 2019, with the home team winning a 1-0 game in each meeting.
- Colorado will be without midfielder and captain Jack Price and defender Danny Wilson after both were sent off in the Rapids’ game against Sporting KC.
- MNUFC is tied with Columbus Crew SC for most points in MLS with 10 and sits atop the Western Conference rankings.
- Columbus is just ahead of MNUFC in the Supporters’ Shield standings with a goal differential of +7 to Minnesota’s +6.
- Minnesota’s 0-0 draw against Real Salt Lake was the team’s first draw since September 29, 2019 against LAFC, and first scoreless draw since September 22, 2019 against Portland Timbers.
- Down to nine players against SKC, Colorado’s Jonathan Lewis scored an unlikely equalizer to make it 2-2, but a deflected shot by Graham Zusi in stoppage time gave SKC a 3-2 win.
- With losses to Real Salt Lake and Sporting KC in their first two games, the Rapids have been all but eliminated from the MLS Is Back Tournament.