Minnesota United’s Pre-Academy has announced that it will launch a new area site located in St. Cloud, Minnesota, this coming fall. The program will feature six high-quality training sessions over the span of three weekends as well as two soccer festivals at the National Sports Center in Blaine. All players will receive a training kit (shirt, shorts and socks) to wear during sessions and festivals.
MNUFC Academy personnel will be present at St. Cloud sessions and festivals to evaluate players for the possibility of bringing them into Advanced Placement groups.
“We are very excited to be launching our first area site in St. Cloud this fall,” said Pre-Academy Technical Leader Andy Seidel. “As this program grows, it’s important for us to be able to discover and cultivate talent all over the state and not just in the Twin Cities metro area. These players will have the opportunity to train in St. Cloud and then come down the Blaine for a few events.”
Schedule of Events
- Session #1: Saturday, September 7, 2019 – 9:00 a.m. @ Selke Field
- Session #2: Saturday, September 7, 2019 – 1:00 p.m. @ Selke Field
- Festival #1: Sunday, September 15, 2019 – Time-TBD @ NSC-Blaine
- Session #3: Saturday, September 21, 2019 – 9:00 a.m. @ Selke Field
- Session #4: Saturday, September 21, 2019 – 1:00 p.m. @Selke Field
- Session #5: Saturday, October 5, 2019 – 9:00 a.m. @ Selke Field
- Session #6: Saturday, October 5, 2019 – 1:00 p.m. @ Selke Field
- Festival #2: Sunday, October 20, 2019 – Time-TBD @ NSC-Blaine
The cost of the program is $275, which includes the six training sessions, two festivals and the training kit.
If you have any questions, please contact:
The Fall 2019 MNUFC Pre-Academy program is for players born between 208 and 2010. The objective of the program is to enhance the development of young players through supplemental training and competition that builds on their home club programming.
The Pre-Academy introduces players to the MNUFC Development Academy. Players receive additional training at this critical age while continuing to play for their home club throughout the year.