- OUT: M - Bernardo Anor (left lower leg injury)
- OUT: M/D - Thomas de Villardi (left Achilles injury)
- OUT: F - Abu Danladi (right adductor injury)
- OUT: D - Vadim Demidov (left knee injury)
- QUESTIONABLE: M - Rasmus Schuller (left thigh injury)
- Rasmus Schuller, Kevin Molino and Bashkim Kadrii all returned to training on Thursday after missing sessions earlier in the week. Molino and Kadrii are recovering from an illness that kept them out of action last week and Schuller is dealing with a nagging thigh injury.
- Abu Danladi continues to progress from his groin injury and is mostly doing cardio work on the sidelines during training sessions. He did check in for some tactical drills on Thursday.
- Vadim Demidov sat out practice on Thursday after picking up a knock in a scrimmage Wednesday night.
- Adrian on coping with players being away for international call-ups: “I don’t want to make too big an issue out of the fact that we are missing some players this weekend. Sporting are in the same boat. I mentioned it to the players this morning, they have to go into the game with the mindset that if they play really well, maybe they’ll keep their place. For some of the lads it’s maybe the best opportunity that they’ve had and they’ll want to make the most of it. I’m not worried about team selection — I’m worried about the attitude going into the game.”
- Christian Ramirez vs. Ike Opara — With Matt Besler and Graham Zusi away on international duty, Ike Opara will have step up and fill some holes as he tries to contend with Ramirez, who’s currently tied for third in scoring in MLS.
- Minnesota United’s backline vs. Gerso Fernandes — MNUFC will miss Francisco Calvo’s skills and leadership while he’s away playing for Costa Rica, plus they’ll have to do without Sam Cronin due to suspension. Look for Fernandes (who had a hat trick against Seattle) to do his best to exploit his matchup.
- Every Friday, the team plays a game called horseshoes where teams of two set up flat cones roughly 20 yards apart. Teammates send lofted passes to each other with the receiver having to settle the ball in one touch before it hits the ground. Closest to the cone wins a point.
- THIS WEEK'S WINNERS: Justin Davis + Jeb Brovsky
- Justin Davis + Jeb Brovsky (1)