Attention, soccer-loving families: Allianz Field is now home to an upgraded Nursing Room. The Nursing Room is located at the southeast corner of the stadium, and while it has been there for a while, its quality was previously a bit lacking — which didn’t sit well with the club, and wasn’t serving the mother’s as well as it could have.
So in March of 2022, Minnesota United decided to do something about it. MNUFC in partnership with Target, refurbished the entire room, decking it out with new furniture, better supplies for mothers and babies, and a special place for toddlers in tow.
New features include:
- Improved wayfinding signage in the building
- New comfortable furniture and décor to enhance the experience for nursing parents
- Increased privacy upon entrance and between nursing stations
- Improved acoustics in the room
- Supplies for nursing and changing including (bottle warmer, diapers, baby-friendly soap, and baby sunscreen)
- All-new reading nook and play space for children
It is well known that being a mom is flipping hard. Venturing into crowded places can be especially difficult with little ones to look after, and while a new-and-improved Nursing Room won’t exactly make motherhood a breeze, hopefully it does just a little bit to help.