In the spirit of the holiday season, Minnesota United announced today the club has donated more than $30,000 as well as critical supplies to a variety of charitable organizations across the Twin Cities.
The donations were split between the following organizations:
- Open Hands Midway to support their meal services
- National Alliance of Mental Illness (NAMI) Minnesota to support their Seasonal Gift Drive for children and adults with mental illness in inpatient psychiatric units or residential mental health facilities
- Small Sums to outfit homeless individuals with the required work items they need to begin new careers
- Second Harvest Heartland and their food banks that help feed people in our community
- Tickets for Kids as a part of their Inspiring Futures Breakfast
- CLUES for their Al Niño con Cariño event which offers gifts and cheer to families in need. The club additionally donated dozens of soccer balls, Allianz Field jackets and Target gift cards for over 480 children
Additionally, MNUFC has donated the following items to local charitable organizations:
- Items from the club’s Winter Supply Drive to Open Hands Midway
- Allianz Field Jackets to Small Sums, TC Sol and The Sanneh Foundation
- Activity tables, with the help of Target, to the recently renovated STEAM Lab at the Mt. Airy Boys and Girls Club. The kids will be able to create tech and art projects with light tables and action stations in the new year
To wrap up the season, Minnesota United and Bell Bank distributed the winnings of the Man of the Match program. This season’s biggest winners were Special Olympics Minnesota, Austen Everett Foundation, Animal Humane Society and ACES.
Get tickets to the first five regular season home games in 2022 now before single game tickets go on sale in February with the First Five ticket package. Check our website at mnufc.com for more information and follow Minnesota United’s social channels for regular updates on the club.