When Minnesota United hosts Real Salt Lake on April 24, it will be the first time in 552 days fans step through the gates at Allianz Field and experience a game in-person. In the time between, the world has turned upside down — restaurants have closed and reopened, masks have become an everyday sight and we’ve all downloaded a Zoom background or two. Likewise, the gameday experience has changed.
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a massive impact on how our stadium operates. With the health and safety of every person walking through the doors being of the utmost importance, Allianz Field has implemented additional protective measures that incorporate guidance and mandates from the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Below is a quick reference for fans looking to attend games early in 2021.
Buying tickets is a little different when the stadium is just 20 percent full. Initially, tickets will be available to Season Ticket Members and members of The Preserve Waiting List and will largely be sold in presales available to those fans who are subscribed to MNUFC newsletters. As the season continues, it’s likely the capacity at games will fluctuate as state and local health and safety protocols evolve. To accommodate this ever-changing situation, MNUFC is releasing tickets in limited groups.
Some tickets might be available on the secondary market, but capacity will be extremely limited at Allianz Field while the club continues to observe social distancing guidelines. One important note: There will be no tickets sold out of the ticket office. All purchases will need to be made digitally ahead of kickoff.
In the past, fans were able to purchase parking packages that allowed for parking throughout the season. This season, parking passes will be available on a single-game basis, with a limited number of lots open and varying week to week. Parking passes can be purchased online in advance of games or fans can purchase a parking pass as the enter the lot. Note: These transactions – like all transactions at Allianz Field in 2021 – must be cashless and will require a credit card. Keep your cash at home.
Fans are asked to wear their masks as soon as they leave their vehicle.
Getting into the stadium is going to look a little different than it has in the past as well. To begin the season, Allianz Field will socially distance the security lanes at each of the stadium entry points. With that, the security screening procedures will remain the same. Bags that adhere to the Clear Bag Policy will be checked by security staff in a contactless manner (i.e., staff will ask the guest to open the bag and move any belongings). Fans will then proceed through the magnetometers before having their digital tickets scanned at the door.
The number of gates through which fans can enter the stadium will also be reduced. The club is using the Element Gate Southeast Entry to safely get stadium and front office staff into the stadium, so fans will need to enter using the Bell Bank Southwest Entry, M Health Fairview Northwest Entry or the Northeast Entry. Fans with Premium Tickets can also enter the stadium through the Premium Entry doors on the west side of Allianz Field.
Note: Gates will open 30 minutes later than a usual gameday, 60 minutes prior to announced kickoff.
Clear Bag Policy
To better ensure fan safety and expedite entry to the stadium, Allianz Field has a clear bag policy that limits the size and type of bags that can be brought into the stadium.
Minnesota United encourages fans not to bring a bag. The following, however, are permitted:
- One clear bag no larger than 12" x 6" x 12" or a one-gallon clear freezer bag (Ziploc or similar).
- Guests may carry a small clutch bag or purse no larger than 6.5" x 4.5" (approximately the size of a hand), with or without a strap.
- Diaper bags that are no larger than 12" x 6" x 12"
Bag check will be available for $10 per bag at the BinBox Bag Check located outside of the M Health Fairview Northwest Entry. Fans can download Binbox’s free app on iOS or Android in the App Store and on Google Play. The BinBox app allows customers to quickly locate available locker units, pay with a credit card and secure their belongings with Bluetooth technology.
Inside Allianz Field
Close talkers beware: Allianz Field will be observing social distancing policies. This means that six feet of distance will be required between all those in attendance that didn’t show up together, but leave your measuring tape at home. Allianz Field will have queue markers where you’ll need them – at the entrances, restrooms, elevators and outside food stalls. There will also be staff dedicated to keeping foot traffic moving around the stadium to prevent and reduce crowding.
Note: Allianz Field is completely cashless. If you’re trying to buy something at Allianz Field with cash, don’t. Bring your credit card to get your hands on the latest MNUFC merchandise, gameday drinks and snacks in a hands off manner.
Per Major League Soccer and Allianz Field policy, all employees and guests will be required to have and wear a face covering when on stadium grounds, inside and outside. Masks will not be provided by Allianz Field. Employees or guests that do not have a face covering will not be allowed in Allianz Field. Fans will be required to wear protective masks for the duration of their visit, except when eating or drinking while seated in their reserved seats.
COVID-19 Health Promise
In order to help mitigate the risk of transmission of the novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 and any resulting disease (together with any mutation, adaptation, or variation thereof, “COVID-19”) and other contagious illnesses, Holder agrees to the following:
- Stay-at-home: Holder agrees that neither Holder, nor anyone in Holder’s party, will attend any Event if any one or more of the following is true on the day of such Event:
- Within the 14 days prior to the Event, Holder has (or any person in Holder’s party or with whom Holder has had close contact has) traveled to any state or international territory identified by federal or applicable local governments as being subject to travel or quarantine advisories due to COVID-19.
- Within the 48 hours prior to the Event, Holder has (or any person in Holder’s party or with whom Holder has close contact has) experienced symptoms of COVID-19 (e.g., a fever of 100.4⁰F or higher, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking, muscle pain/achiness, headache, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, nasal congestion, runny nose, vomiting, diarrhea, fatigue or any other symptoms associated with COVID-19 identified by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention or Health Canada, as applicable);
- Within the 14 days prior to the Event, Holder has (or any person in Holder’s party or with whom Holder has had close contact has) tested positive for, or been exposed to someone who has tested positive for, COVID-19.
As always, Minnesota United’s goal is to provide a best-in-class service at Allianz Field. Your safety and the safety of other fans, staff and players is a top priority. Come on you Loons!