MATCHUP QUICK FACTS
· On Saturday, MNUFC drew 2-2 with the San Jose Earthquakes at Allianz Field, extending the club’s unbeaten run to 7 games.
· Brent Kallman came on for Michael Boxall in the 29th minute and leveled the game in first half stoppage time with a left-footed strike from a tight angle in front of goal off a corner kick. It was Kallman’s first goal for MNUFC since October 17, 2017 — a 1-1 draw with Sporting KC at TCF Bank Stadium.
· With Boxall’s exit from the game against the Quakes, Chase Gasper is now the last member of the team to play every minute of the 2021 season so far.
· Franco Fragapane extended his streak of games with an assist to three against San Jose, tying him with Orlando’s Tesho Akindele and Real Salt Lake’s Aaron Herrera for the second-longest streak of the season.
· Fragapane’s assist on Kallman’s goal also extended his streak of games with a point to four, matching Robin Lod’s earlier four-game streak for longest by an MNUFC player this season. Colorado’s Michael Barrios has also had a four-game point streak this season.
· Minnesota United’s last game against Colorado Rapids was a 3-2 loss at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park on May 8.
· Colorado have so far allowed zero goals in the final 15 minutes of a game.
· Nine of the 14 goals scored against Minnesota have come in the final 15 minutes of the first half or the first 15 minutes of the second half.
· Minnesota United have yet to win a game when allowing the first goal. They have lost three and forced two draws.
· The Loons remain near the top of the league in shots with 177 on the year, good for second.
· Minnesota have suffered the fourth fewest fouls in MLS with 125, but Emanuel Reynoso is tied for sixth most fouls suffered by an individual player. He’s been fouled 31 times on the year.
· The Rapids are scoring at a high clip this year, with 12.8% of their shots resulting in goals. That mark puts them fourth in the league.
· Goalkeeper Tyler Miller is tied for second in MLS with a goals against average of 0.57. His winning percentage of .786 has him fourth in the league.
· MNUFC collected their first-ever point in MLS at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park in a 2-2 draw on March 18, 2017.
· Minnesota United have yet to win in Colorado.
· Lalas Abubakar played with Ethan Finlay, Wil Trapp, Jukka Raitala and Niko Hansen for the first part of the 2017 season on Columbus Crew SC.
· Collen Warner was a part of Minnesota’s roster for its inaugural season in MLS in 2017 and stayed with the team through 2018, playing 42 games in total with a goal and an assist.
· Jacori Hayes and Michael Barrios were on FC Dallas together from 2017–2019. Kellyn Acosta was also with FC Dallas for 2017 and 2018.
· Stephen Beitashour and Tyler Miller both played for LAFC in 2018 and 2019.