Major League Soccer has announced the winners for its year-end awards recognizing individuals and clubs for outstanding front office contributions. Minnesota United took home a notable four awards including Corporate Partnerships Team of the Year, Corporate Partnerships Executive of the Year, Marketing Executive of the Year and Athletic Training Staff of the Year and were finalists for an additional five year-end awards.
In its first year at Allianz field, MNUFC nearly doubled sponsorship revenue year-over-year, significantly increased partnership engagement and were recognized as the Corporate Partnerships Team and Executive of the year under Katie Mattis. Mattis is the first MLS club front office member to win a Club Executive award with two different clubs (she won the 2010 Corporate Partnerships Executive of the Year with Real Salt Lake).
John Guagliano was recognized as the Marketing Executive of the Year on the strength of Minnesota United opening and selling out a new building in 2019. The club delivered two campaigns that captured nationwide engagement, beginning with the season-long Scarves Up campaign, which was built on organic engagement with the fan tradition of raising scarves on corner kicks and following the game. In addition to that campaign, Minnesota United captured attention with its SAYSHH playoff campaign, partnering with local musicians Atmosphere and embracing what makes Minnesota a special place to live.
Finally, on the sporting side the club’s training staff was recognized as the Athletic Training Staff of the Year, led by Head Athletic Trainer Stacy Hardin – the first-ever woman head trainer in MLS. The training staff helped Minnesota United to its most successful season since joining MLS, keeping players on the pitch rather than on the training table.
A complete list of Minnesota United 2019 MLS Club Executive Award winners and finalists below:
2019 MLS Club Executive Award Winners:
- Corporate Partnerships Team of the Year – Minnesota United FC
- Corporate Partnerships Executive of the Year – Katie Mattis, Minnesota United FC
- Marketing Executive of the Year – John Guagliano, Minnesota Untied FC
- Athletic Training Staff of the Year – Minnesota United FC
2019 MLS Cub Executive Award Finalists:
- Ticket Sales Team of the Year – Minnesota United FC
- Ticket Sales Executive of the Year – Sean Sittnick, Minnesota United FC
- Digital Team of the Year – Minnesota United FC
- Security Team of the Year – Minnesota United FC
- Team Administrator of the Year, presented by SportsCorp Travel – Angie Blaker