“Allianz Field Foosball Friendly Giveaway” Official Sweepstakes Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE OR IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. INTERNET ACCESS REQUIRED.
EACH WINNER SHALL BE REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PRIZE FULFILLMENT PROCESS AND SIGN DOCUMENTATION, SUCH AS A RELEASE, WITHIN 72 HOURS, AS MORE FULLY DETAILED BELOW.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT, SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING. WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITIES TO THE SPONSOR (DEFINED BELOW) FROM YOU AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
1. ELIGIBILITY. The “Allianz Field Foosball Friendly Giveaway” (the “Sweepstakes”), sponsored by Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America (“Sponsor”) is open only to entrants who, as of the entry date, are legal residents of the State of Minnesota, or reside within a 75 mile radius of Allianz Field (the “Territory”) who are at least eighteen (18) years old. The Sweepstakes is void outside the Territory and where prohibited by law. Employees of Sponsor or its subsidiaries and the spouse, children, parents or siblings of those employees, are not eligible. Sponsor may void an entry if it determines the entry is illegible or eligibility is not certainly established. Employees, officers, directors, members, managers, representatives, and agents of Sponsor, Minnesota United Soccer Club, LLC d/b/a Minnesota United FC (“MNUFC”), Major League Soccer, LLC (“MLS”), Soccer United Marketing, LLC (“SUM” and collectively with MNUFC and MLS, the “MLS Entities”) and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies (Sponsor and the MLS Entities, collectively, the “Released Parties”) and the immediate families (defined as parents, spouses, domestic partners, in-laws, children, siblings, grandparents, grandchildren, and their respective spouses) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of each such individual are not eligible to enter. Corporate entities are not eligible and have no right to claim any prize won by their employees.
2. SPONSOR. The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes and the addresses at which the Sponsor may be contacted are Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America 5701 Golden Hills Drive Minneapolis, MN 55416-1297. Reference to third parties in connection with the prize is for reference and identification purposes only and not intended to suggest endorsement, Sponsorship or affiliation with Sponsor or the Sweepstakes.
3. SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY PERIOD. The Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 AM Central Time (“CT”) on July 1, 2023, and ends at 11:59:59 PM CT on September 23, 2023 (the “Entry Period”). Sponsor’s clock will be the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes.
4. HOW TO ENTER. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. There is one (1) way to enter the Sweepstakes. During the Entry Period, eligible participants may go to https://allianz.foosballfriendly.com/442379 (“Sweepstakes Site”) and follow the instructions to provide contact information, agree to the Official Rules and submit an entry. Upon completion of submitting a valid Sweepstakes entry via the Sweepstakes Site, the entrant will be redirected to a Thank You web page confirming the entrant’s one (1) entry for the Sweepstakes. The one (1) entry is also referred to as one (1) point. No further action is required. If the valid Sweepstakes entrant desires to secure additional entries into the Sweepstakes they may earn additional points (i.e. entries) by completing various tasks described via the Sweepstakes Site, such as referring others to the Sweepstakes, visiting various Allianz Life and Allianz Field social media accounts, and reconfirming the entrant’s email address. Each task is clearly assigned a value of points, ranging from 1-150 points. For definition purposes, one (1) point equals one (1) entry, therefore 50 points equals 50 entries into the Sweepstakes, and so on. Note that all
winners are selected at random, and the highest number of entries does not guarantee any prize award.
Only entries submitted within the Entry Period will be considered eligible for participation.
There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this Sweepstakes. Any attempt by an Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, macros, bots, registrations, logins or any other methods, including, but not limited to, self-referral using a different email, will void the Entrant's entries and disqualify that Entrant. Those who do not provide the required information or abide by these Official Rules and other instructions of Sponsor and its representatives may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, be disqualified and any associated entry void. Entries or participation made on behalf of any other individual or any entity or group or originating at any online service other than those described above (including, without limitation, through commercial promotion subscription, notification, or entering services) will be declared invalid and disqualified for this Sweepstakes. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address submitted with the disputed entry will be deemed to be the entrant, but only if that person satisfies the eligibility requirements, otherwise the entry will be disqualified. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. If a dispute regarding the identity of an entrant cannot be resolved to Sponsor’ satisfaction, the entry will be deemed ineligible. As a condition of entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant gives consent for Sponsor to obtain and deliver his or her name, address, and other information to third parties for the purpose of administering this Sweepstakes and complying with applicable laws, regulations, and rules. The Sponsors’ decision in respect of all matters to do with the Sweepstakes will be final and no correspondence will be entered into. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
5. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other social network. You are providing your information to the Sponsor and not to any other party. The information provided will be used in conjunction with the United States standard Privacy Policies.
6. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES AND DECISIONS. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to be bound by and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor (including, without limitation, interpretation of these Official Rules, decisions regarding eligibility of entries, the selection of the winner, and the awarding of the prize), which are final and binding in all respects. Entry in the Sweepstakes expressly authorizes the Sponsor and/or its affiliates to contact the participant.
7. DRAWING; ODDS; NOTIFICATION. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received by Sponsor in the Sweepstakes. Potential winners will be notified by email within approximately 72 hours after the winner selection. As a condition to claiming the prize, potential winner shall be required to execute, have notarized (if applicable), and return to Sponsor an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and, except where prohibited by law, a Publicity Release, as well as tax documents in appropriate cases (collectively, the “Prize Winner Documents”) (any or all of which may require the winner to provide his or her Social Security Number), without alteration and in the form provided by Sponsor in order to claim his/her prize. The Prize Winner Documents must be returned to Sponsor by the date and/or time indicated within the Prize Winner Documents and are subject to verification. If (i) the potential winner cannot be contacted or does not respond as instructed within seventy-two (72) hours of the first attempt to contact him/her, (ii) the potential winner fails to return the Prize Winner Documents within the specified time, (iii) any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, (iv) the potential winner is found to be ineligible, or (v) the potential winner does not comply with the Official Rules, then the
potential winner may, in Sponsor’ sole discretion, be disqualified and an alternate winner selected by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to modify the notification procedures in connection with the selection of any alternate potential winner, if any. The prize, if legitimately claimed, will be awarded. Sponsor will not be obligated to pursue more than three (3) alternate winners (time permitting) for any prize for any reason, after which that prize may go unawarded. All Monthly Prize winners who are awarded a prize are also eligible for the Grand Prize drawing at the conclusion of the Sweepstakes.
- MONTHLY PRIZE WINNERS: Within five business (5) days of the conclusion of these specific months during the Sweepstakes Entry Period (July 2022 – September 2022), Sponsor or its designated representative (whose decisions regarding the random drawing will be final) will randomly select a total of one (1) MONTHLY PRIZE winner and three (3) alternate winners from among all eligible entries received by Sponsor.
- GRAND PRIZE WINNER: At the conclusion of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor or its designated representative (whose decisions regarding the random drawing will be final) will randomly select a total of one (1) GRAND PRIZE winner and three (3) alternate winners from among all eligible entries received by Sponsor.
8. PRIZES. There will be one (1) Grand Prize winner and three (3) Monthly Prize winners, subject to verification. MONTHLY PRIZE: There will be three (3) total Monthly Prize winners, one (1) winner per month, subject to verification, who will receive a prize consisting of: one (1) MNUFC/Allianz Field related prize package. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Monthly Prize is $250 USD. Sponsor will provide delivery of Monthly Prizes only within the Sweepstakes Territory, listed above. Prize details not specified in these Official Rules will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. By entering this Sweepstakes and accepting the prize, the winner agrees to maintain his/her behavior in accordance with all applicable laws and generally accepted social practices in connection with winning the prize. All prize details not specified in these Official Rules will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
GRAND PRIZE: There will be one (1) Grand Prize winner, subject to verification, who will receive a prize consisting of: (i) one (1) Minnesota United FC-Allianz Field themed foosball table. Sponsor will provide delivery of foosball table only within the Sweepstakes Territory, and (ii) one (1) Allianz Field Foosball Friendly Happy Hour event hosted at Allianz Field by Allianz Life for the Grand Prize winner and up to twenty (20) guests. Event date, food and beverage menu to be determined by Sponsor. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize:$15,000.
The specifics of all aforementioned elements of the Grand Prize in the Promotion shall be solely determined by Sponsor. All costs, taxes, fees, and expenses associated with any element of the Grand Prize not specifically addressed above are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. All federal, state and local taxes on the Grand Prize are the Grand Prize Winner’s responsibility. Grand Prize Winner will be issued a 1099 tax form for the actual value of the Grand Prize.
Grand Prize cannot be transferred, substituted, or redeemed for cash except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Grand Prize, or portions thereof, with a prize of equal or greater value.
9. Any taxes (federal, state, and local) and all costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance or use and not specified in these Official Rules as being part of the prize will be the sole responsibility of each winner. The winner may be issued a 1099 and related tax forms for the actual value of the prize. No more than the stated prize will be awarded. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen prize or prize elements or any prize that is undeliverable or does not reach any winner because of an incorrect or changed address. If the winner does not accept or use
the entire prize, the unaccepted or unused part of the prize will be forfeited, and Sponsor will have no further obligation with respect to that prize or portion of the prize. No transfers, prize substitutions, or cash redemptions will be made, except at Sponsor’ sole discretion. Each winner is strictly prohibited from selling, auctioning, trading, or otherwise transferring any part of the prize, except with Sponsor’ permission, which may be granted or withheld for any reason in Sponsor’ sole discretion. At the expense of Sponsor, the prize will be delivered only to the applicable verified winner’s address in the Territory, unless Sponsor, in their sole discretion, agrees otherwise. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize or portion thereof with another prize or portion thereof of equal or greater value for any reason, including unavailability of the stated prize. Each entrant waives the right to assert as a cost of winning any prize any and all costs of verification and redemption or travel to claim the prize and any liability and publicity which might arise from claiming or seeking to claim said prize.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO RELEASE, HOLD HARMLESS, AND INDEMNIFY EACH OF THE RELEASED PARTIES, INCLUDING THE MLS ENTITIES, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATED ENTITIES AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE GOVERNORS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, PARTNERS, MEMBERS, MANAGERS, EMPLOYEES, VENDORS, SPONSOR AND REPRESENTATIVES FROM AND AGAINST ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR INJURIES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND SUSTAINED IN CONNECTION WITH THE ACCEPTANCE, USE, MISUSE, OR AWARDING OF THE PRIZE OR WHILE PREPARING FOR, PARTICIPATING IN, AND/OR TRAVELING TO OR FROM ANY PRIZE- OR SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED ACTIVITY INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY INJURY, DAMAGE, LOSS, DEATH OR ACCIDENT TO OR OF PERSON OR PROPERTY. WINNER AGREES THAT THE PRIZE IS PROVIDED AS-IS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, WHETHER NOW KNOWN OR HEREINAFTER ENACTED, RELATIVE TO THE USE OR ENJOYMENT OF THE PRIZE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ITS QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. WINNER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HE/SHE IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ACTIONS, CLAIMS, OR LIABILITIES OF HIS/HER GUEST RELATED TO ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED ACTIVITY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY ACTIONS, CLAIMS OR LIABILITIES RELATED TO GUEST’S USE OF THE PRIZE. FURTHER, WINNER AGREES THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IN ANY WAY FOR ANY ADDITIONAL EXPENSES, OMISSIONS, DELAYS, OR RE-ROUTING RESULTING FROM ANY ACTS OF ANY GOVERNMENT OR AUTHORITY. WINNER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HE/SHE IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ACTIONS, CLAIMS, OR LIABILITIES OF HIS/HER GUEST RELATED TO ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED ACTIVITY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY ACTIONS, CLAIMS OR LIABILITIES RELATED TO GUEST’S USE OF THE PRIZE.
11. ADDITIONAL LIMITATIONS. The Released Parties are not responsible and/or liable for any of the following, whether caused by a Released Party, the entrant, or by human error: entries that are submitted by illegitimate means (such as, without limitation, by an automated computer program) or entries in excess of any stated limit; any lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, garbled, mutilated, or misdirected entries, email, mail, or Sweepstakes-related correspondence or materials or postage-due mail; any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in transmission or communication; viruses or technical or mechanical malfunctions; interrupted or unavailable cable or satellite systems; errors, typos, or misprints in these Official Rules, in any Sweepstakes-related advertisements, or other materials; failures of electronic equipment, computer hardware, or software; lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications or entry information. Released Parties are not responsible for electronic communications that are undeliverable or do not reach entrant as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, or insufficient space in a potential winner’s email or voice mail inbox to receive messages. Released Parties are not responsible, and may disqualify you, if your email address or other contact information does not work or is changed without prior written notice to Sponsor. Without limiting any other provision in these Official Rules, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice, and the Released Parties are not responsible or liable to any entrant or
winner (or any person claiming through such entrant or winner) for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof in the event that any of the Sweepstakes activities or Released Parties’ operations or activities are affected by any cause or event beyond the sole and reasonable control of the applicable Released Party (as determined by Sponsor in their sole discretion), including, without limitation, by reason of any acts of God, equipment failure, threatened or actual terrorist acts, air raid, act of public enemy, war (declared or undeclared), civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, epidemic, fire, explosion, earthquake, flood, hurricane, unusually severe weather, blackout, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, any law, rule, regulation, action, order, or request adopted, taken, or made by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not such governmental act proves to be invalid), or any other cause, whether or not specifically mentioned above. Sponsor disclaims any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with, this Sweepstakes.
12. PUBLICITY. By entering the Sweepstakes (except where prohibited by law), each entrant grants the Released Parties the irrevocable, sublicensable, absolute right and permission to use, publish, post or display his or her name, likeness, photograph, voice, prize information, biographical information, any quotes attributable to him or her and any other indicia of persona (regardless of whether altered, changed, modified, edited, used alone, or used with other material in the Released Parties’ sole discretion) for advertising, trade, promotional and publicity purposes without further obligation or compensation of any kind to him or her, anywhere worldwide, in any medium now known or hereafter discovered or devised (including, without limitation, on the Internet), without any limitation of time, and without notice, review, or approval and each entrant releases all Released Parties from any and all liability related thereto.
13. GENERAL CONDITIONS. Nothing contained in these Official Rules obligates any of the Released Parties to make use of any of the rights granted herein and winner waives any right to inspect or approve any such use. Sponsor’s decisions will be final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes, including interpretation of these Official Rules, determination of the winner, and awarding of the prize. All entrants, as a condition of entry, agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from this Sweepstakes. Participants further agree to not damage or cause interruption of the Sweepstakes and/or prevent others from using the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to restrict or void entries or participation from any IP address if any suspicious entry and/or participation is detected. Sponsor reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to void entries of any entrant who Sponsor believes has attempted to tamper with or impair the administration, security, fairness, or proper play of this Sweepstakes. Sponsor’ failure to or decision not to enforce any provision in these Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. In the event there is an alleged or actual ambiguity, discrepancy, or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes-related materials and/or these Official Rules (including any alleged discrepancy or inconsistency within these Official Rules), it will be resolved by Sponsor in their sole discretion. Entrants waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules. If Sponsor determines, at any time and in its sole discretion, that a winner or potential winner is disqualified, ineligible, in violation of these Official Rules, or engaging in behavior that Sponsor deem obnoxious, inappropriate, threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, or harass any other person, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify that winner or potential winner, even if the disqualified winner or potential winner may have been notified or displayed or announced anywhere. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules will otherwise remain in effect and will be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. If the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for any reason, Sponsor reserve the right, in
their sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and award the prize from eligible entries received prior to cancellation, modification, or suspension or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. If any person supplies false information, obtains entries by fraudulent means, or is otherwise determined to be in violation of these Official Rules in an attempt to obtain any prizes, Sponsor may disqualify that person and seek damages from him or her and that person may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. If a dispute regarding an entry cannot be resolved to Sponsor’ satisfaction, in their sole discretion, the entry will be deemed ineligible. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE ANY ONLINE SERVICE OR WEBSITE OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES VIOLATES CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT IS MADE, SPONSOR MAY DISQUALIFY ANY PARTICIPANT MAKING SUCH ATTEMPT AND MAY SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
14. DISPUTES/GOVERNING LAW. Except where prohibited, as a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the entrant and any Released Party, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes (including a prize awarded or the determination of a winner) must be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will an entrant be permitted or entitled to obtain (and hereby waives all rights to seek or claim) injunctive, equitable, or other non-monetary relief or awards for punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (if any), not to exceed ten dollars ($10), and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
THIS SWEEPSTAKES, THESE OFFICIAL RULES, AND ANY DISPUTE ARISING UNDER OR RELATED THERETO (WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORTIOUS CONDUCT, OR OTHERWISE) WILL BE GOVERNED, CONSTRUED, AND INTERPRETED UNDER THE LAWS OF MINNESOTA, U.S.A., WITHOUT REFERENCE OR GIVING EFFECT TO ITS CONFLICTS OF LAW PRINCIPLES OR RULES THAT WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF ANY OTHER STATE’S LAWS. ANY LEGAL ACTIONS, SUITS, OR PROCEEDINGS RELATED TO THIS SHALL BE BROUGHT EXCLUSIVELY IN THE STATE OR FEDERAL COURTS LOCATED IN MINNEAPOLIS, MINNESOTA AND EACH ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY ACCEPTS, SUBMITS, AND CONSENTS TO THE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION AND VENUE OF THESE COURTS WITH RESPECT TO ANY LEGAL ACTIONS, SUITS, OR PROCEEDINGS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS SWEEPSTAKES. YOU WAIVE ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMIT TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS.
16. MLS ENTITIES. MLS Entities are not a Sponsor or administrator of this Sweepstakes and are in no way responsible or liable for the administration of this Sweepstakes. All trademarks used are the property of their respective owner(s) and are used for prize description purposes only.
17. OFFICIAL RULES. These Official Rules are available at https://allianz.foosballfriendly.com/442379 or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Allianz Field Foosball Friendly Sweepstakes” – Rules Request,” c/o Fresh Fish Today Marketing 5475 Maple Heights Road Minneapolis, MN 55331. Limit one (1) request per outer envelope. Rules requests must be received during the Entry Period.
18. WINNERS LIST. To request a copy of the Sweepstakes winners list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Allianz Field Foosball Friendly Sweepstakes - Winner List Request,” c/o Fresh Fish Today Marketing 5475 Maple Heights Road Minneapolis, MN 55331. Limit one (1) request per outer envelope. Requests for a copy of the winners list must be received by December 1,2023.