The Minnesota United Junior Loons program is designed to maximize the soccer experience for players seven and up and meet the development demands of the key technical and tactical elements of the game. Players will develop a true passion for soccer and challenge themselves each day in a fun, educational and competitive environment. Our innovative “Play the Minnesota United Way” curriculum will include fundamental activities that move to small-sided games, where they will be encouraged to use the new skills they have learned.
JUNIOR LOONS FOCUSES ON THREE AREAS
- Activities that revolve around physical literacy (agility, balance and coordination)
- Small-sided games to promote safe and healthy competition
- Dribbling and turning techniques
- Passing techniques: passing and ball striking
- Ball receiving techniques
- Individual decision making
- Passing combinations/small group attacking
- Individual defending/small group defending
- 4 days – 3-hour sessions
- Players will be grouped by age and ability
- Each session consist of multiple activities
- Includes scheduled breaks
- The program can be hosted by any sports organization/facility that has the ability to provide suitable field space for size of camp desired.