The Minnesota United Future Loons program is designed to maximize the soccer experience for three- and four-year-old players. Research shows that players of this age need to be immediately exposed to the fun aspects of the game. Our curriculum is based on exposing young players to the game in an environment that allows for creativity and fun!
FIRST KICKS FOCUSES ON TWO AREAS
- Activities that revolve around physical literacy (agility, balance and coordination)
- Movement-based activities that promote development of motor skills
- Fun games to expose the players and parents to the fun of the game
- Ball-related exercises that promote controlled body movements and ball control techniques
- Creative play-based games that elicit fun and keep the players focused
- 4 days – 45-minute sessions
- Each session consist of multiple activities
- Several short breaks
The program can be hosted by any sports organization/facility that has the ability to provide a suitable field.