Our Academy utilizes both coaches and scouts to identify prospective players. Individuals identified through scouting may be offered an opportunity to participate in a scheduled player trial or included within the appropriate age group team training.
Strict policies govern the scouting process and the manner in which scouts or members of our Academy Technical Staff conduct themselves. Our Scouts and/or Technical Staff are required to adhere to the following philosophies and procedures:
- Identify and attend events based on scouting needs of the Academy
- Maintain integrity of scouting process by avoiding any on-field contact with prospects
- Provide identification as a MNUFC scout if asked by club or event officials
- Submit scouting report from any event attended to appropriate MNUFC personnel
- Determine if additional observations of player is required before offering trial invitation
Our procedure for contacting a player is as follows:
- Scouting evaluation recommends offering trial
- MNUFC contacts player’s home club Director of Coaching about trial invitation
- Player is extended invitation to participate in scheduled trial or team training session
- Evaluation of player provided to home club Director of Coach following trial
- Decision taken by Minnesota United and communicated to all parties
MNUFC will work with the player and his home club to determine a workable timeline and appropriate next steps if the player is offered a place within the Academy.