The ownership group of Minnesota United has committed to paying for the $150 million soccer stadium at Midway privately without any taxpayer-supported subsidies. Minnesota United will be the first professional team in Minnesota to construct a stadium without a direct public subsidy and is dedicated to providing fans a dynamic game day facility with natural grass that is accessible to all people and communities.
Private Commitments to the Community:
- Purchase the MLS expansion franchise (at a cost of $100 million dollars).
- Annual rent payments to the Met Council worth a total of $29 million over the course of 50+ years.
- Build a first-class MLS soccer facility through private funding (estimated at $150 million).
- Coordinate development opportunities around the stadium.
- St. Paul providing $18 million in infrastructure improvements surrounding the stadium.